Isn’t it just frustrating when your internet connection lags or is over slow?
Before you go calling your internet service provider and waiting on que for hours, you may want to check first if there are unauthorized people tapping into your PLDT wifi connection resulting to that over slow internet speed.
To help you with issues like this we will discuss on this post:
- How to access your PLDT admin account online
- How to change the PLDT WIFI ROUTER Name
- How to change the PLDT DSL Password
- How to view the number of people connected to your router
- How to block unauthorized wifi users
How to Manage your PLDT WIFI ROUTER ONLINE:
How to log in to the PLDT DSL WIFI ADMIN site? Well, you can do this on a computer or even on your mobile phone as long as you are connected to your PLDT HOME DSL either via wifi or hardwired (cable) connection.
- Type the following in your browser: 192.168.1.1
- You will be taken to the PLDT DSL Router Login Page
3. Enter the PLDT USERNAME and PASSWORD, by default they are:
PLDT Admin Username: adminpldt
PLDT Admin Password: 1234567890
If you are a PLDT Fibr Subscriber, try using the username “admin” instead of adminpldt.
You will then be taken to the PLDT HOME DSL page where you can then CHANGE these default username and password if you so wish.
Just click on QUICK SETUP from the top menu and change the PPP settings highlighted below. This will not change your wifi router’s name and password but just the PLDT admin login information.
Don’t forget to click on SAVE!
How to change the PLDT WIFI PASSWORD:
- Click on SETUP at the top menu then choose WLAN from the options on the side then click on SECURITY.SETUP>WLAN>SECURITY
2. Update the field labeled “Pre-Shared Key” to your chosen PLDT WIFI PASSWORD. Click on Apply Changes and hit on SAVE.
How to change the PLDT WIFI ROUTER NAME
You can change your PLDT HOME DSL WIFI name to make it unique.
- Click on SETUP at the top menu then choose WLAN from the options on the side, make sure you click on BASIC.
2. You can then type on the blank field under “SSID” your desired wifi name extension. Don’t forget to click on Apply Changes at the bottom and then SAVE.
**It might take a few seconds for the changes to apply so just be patient.
How to View WiFi Users Connected to your Network
On the same page as above (SETUP>WLAN>BASIC), just click on SHOW ACTIVE CLIENTS at the bottom of the page and a new window will pop-up that will look like this:
Each MAC address represents a unique gadget connected to your home wifi. It is composed of 12 alphanumeric characters separated by colons: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
To pinpoint which of these devices are yours and which MAC Addresses are unknown and therefore not authorized in connecting to your PLDT HOME DSL router, check this POST on Identifying the MAC IDs of Devices in your Network
Once you were able to identify which are the unauthorized MAC IDs connecting to your PLDT HOME DSL WIFI, you can then block them from further accessing your wifi router.
How To Block Devices from your WiFi Network
- Click on SETUP then Access Control List from the side menu. You will then see this Wireless Access Control page:
SETUP>ACCESS CONTROL LIST>MAC ADDRESS
2. Choose DENY LISTED from the dropdown and copy paste the Unknown MAC IDs (without colons) into the MAC ADDRESS FIELD. Example: Instead of 12:34:56:ab:cd:ef enter 123456abcdef
3. Click on ADD. Don’t forget to SAVE your changes.
If you’ve accidentally added the wrong MAC address, just select the specific MAC ID and click on DELETE SELECTED.
There you go! Hope this helps!