With the DFA Online Passport Appointment process, applying for your Philippine passport has become easier.
No more long lines and hours of waiting! Hence, if you have been wanting to take advantage of all these international promo fares and travel deals but cannot because you don’t have a passport yet, well, time you get one!
This post looks into the Requirements and Guide to Philippine Passport Application.
1 Set up your appointment with the DFA
– Visit www.passport.gov.ph
– Click on “Schedule an Appointment” right at the top menu
– Tick off the Terms and Condition agreement box and then continue to start your appointment
– Choose a DFA site location, date and time of your appointment
2 Fill out the Application Form
– Enter your Personal and Family Information,
– Complete the Application Information Page (specify whether you are applying for a NEW PASSPORT or doing PASSPORT RENEWAL)
– Enter your Contact Details
– Review the information you had entered, make sure all data are ACCURATE before you submit your confirmation.
**You will receive an email from DFA, make sure you click the link on this DFA email to confirm your appointment. Attached on the same email is a PDF copy of your appointment, download and print your Passport Application Form.
You will receive an email like this one below:
Click on the link, then copy and paste your Appointment Code and enter your Email Address on the linked page. You will then be able to view/download/cancel your appointment.
3 Prepare the required documents for passport application
Bring the following Passport Requirements with you:
– Printed copy of the Application Form.
– Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (on official security paper)
– Valid ID (at least one, check the list below) with photocopy
– Supporting Documents (at least 2 of those on the list below) and their photocopies.
**Those who are doing a PASSPORT RENEWAL, have to bring their most recent expiring or expired passport.
Here are the list of the Acceptable IDs you can use:
Government issued picture ID list:
Digitized SSS ID
Digitized BIR ID
Senior Citizen’s ID
If you have the following, you can also use them:
Old College ID
Old Employment IDs
Here are the list of the Supporting Documents you can bring with you:
PSA Marriage Contract
Elementary or High School Form 137 or College TOR
Digitized Postal ID
4 Show up well before your scheduled time.
Important: If you think you are not able to show up on your appointment date, make sure you CANCEL the online application properly at least 3 days before your scheduled date. If you fail to cancel or show up on your appointment date, you may have issues on your future passport application.
To cancel your DFA Passport Appointment, just go to Schedule an Appointment > View Appointment on the DFA website and you will see the option to cancel this application.