Planning to fly real soon? Don’t go through any unnecessary hassle or delay due to issues with your flight luggage.
Make sure that you have packed your bags properly, taking into account the items only allowed for CHECK-IN or those that are only allowed for HAND-CARRY
For info on Baggage Allowance and Excess Baggage Fees
for Cebu Pacific, Air Asia and Philippine Airlines – READ HERE.
For this post, our team at Info Pilipinas looked into the baggage restrictions when flying with most airlines. We also listed some popular pasalubong items and their allowed quantity if you plan to bring them back from your international trip.
The following items not allowed for check-in nor hand-carry:
- Firearms and Explosives (Guns, Flares, Fireworks, etc…)
- Flammable Liquids and other Chemical substances (Matches, Bleach, Solvents, Tear Gas, etc…)
These items needed to be checked in. If you happen to stash it inside your carry-on bag, the airport personnel would be asking you to go back to the check-in counter or leave the item behind.
- Sharp Objects (Knives, Cutters, Scissors, etc…)
- Adhesives (Any kind of tape whether Scotch, Packaging, Electrical, Duct, etc…)
- Self Defense Items (Pepper Sprays or Stun Guns can be checked in)
- Sports Equipments (Bikes, Surf Boards, Rackets)
- Large Musical Instruments (Cellos, Guitars, etc must be placed in hard cases)
- Blunt Objects (Umbrellas, Baseball bats, Tripods, etc…)
- Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAG) with containers exceeding 100 ml.
These items cannot be placed in your check-in luggage and should be on your carry-on bag.
- Fresh or Frozen Food (Must be properly packed to avoid leaks and odor)
- Rechargeable gadgets (Laptops, Camera, Powerbanks, etc…)
- Alcoholic Beverages (Goods with alcohol content not exceeding 70% only)
- Perfumes, Shampoo, Shower Gels, etc can be hand-carried as long as each of the containers do not exceed the 100 ml capacity. Total content of LAG you can put in your carry-on bag must not exceed 1 liter.
If you are travelling back to the country from an international trip, note that there is also a limit to the quantity of Pasalubong or Personal Items you can bring back to the Philippines:
Pasalubong Items Maximum Allowed Quantity
Perfume – 5 Pieces
Lipstick – 10 Pieces
Shampoo – 2 Kilograms
Lotion – 2 Kilograms
Bar Soap – 2 Kilograms
Other Cosmetics – 1 Kilogram
Childcare Items – 5 Kilograms
Laundry/Household Substances – 5 Kilograms
These limitations apply not only to passenger baggage but also to Balikbayan Boxes and Mailed Packages.
Items with quantity beyond the specified amount will be forfeited. Some items may also be subject to payment of customs duties.
FOLLOW our FACEBOOK PAGE: INFO PILIPINAS for more tips on Travel, Money and Government Transactions here in the Philippines.